by using this website or submitting personal information to us through or in connection with this website, you signify your unequivocal and informed consent acknowledging that the personal data you provide us:
(i) might be included in a file owned by kaizen restaurantes, s.l.u.(hereinafter, “wagamama”), whose registered address is paseo de la castellana, 280 (28046) madrid, spain, and whose tax code is b87575494; and
1 what do we mean with personal data?
any information concerning an identifiable or identified physical person that you provide to us when visiting our website.
additionally, when you visit our website, certain information can be collected automatically (for example ip address, the browser you are using, etcetera).
2 the information we collect and how we use it
2.1. personal data collected
all the fields indicated with an (*) in the collection forms of personal data are compulsory.
if any user provide us personal data of third parties, said user will be responsible of informing the affected third parties of such circumstance, as well as, if necessary, of obtaining the relevant third parties’ explicit consent for providing us that information.
when you use the website you may provide us with, and we may collect from you, information that relates to you, including your personal information.
you may provide us with your information in a number of ways, including:
information that you provide us:
- completing forms on the website (such as "contact us" forms);
- corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise;
- subscribing to email updates, newsletters or other subscriptions and features made available on the website from time to time;
- using the provided wi-fi in one of our restaurants;
- reporting a problem or requesting support for the website;
- communicating with us through third party social media websites or applications (e.g. twitter, facebook, instagram); and
- participating in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes and surveys on the website.
the information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, your credit or debit card number and expiry date, date of birth, social media account details (such as facebook and twitter), and any other information you provide on registration, on placing an order and through other means on the website to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services that are available through our website to you by us.
automatic information: with regard to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including ip address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, device type, hardware model, mac address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- information about your visit, including the full url clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- information about your network, such as information about your devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds, and network and application performance and location information from wi-fi access points;
- pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
2.2. use or purpose of collected personal data
all personal data requested are suitable, pertinent and strictly necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. collected personal data will never be used for any purpose other than the one for which they were granted, and users are never bound to provide them; however, please be informed that they are absolutely necessary for rendering the services we offer to our users.
we process this information for the purpose of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- providing and personalising our service for you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- providing reservation or booking services;
- gathering information to form statistical and trend analysis;
- research and analytics on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis ;
- administering our prize draws and competitions (which will be subject to separate terms and conditions);
- meeting legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- providing you with member offers and information on products/services that may be of interest to you;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- understand how our website is used so that we can continuously improve our website and services and other offerings;
- send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as reservation confirmations;
- send you marketing communications (such as electronic communications including e-mails, sms, etc.) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences;
- do e-commerce, when applicable; and
- for specific purposes, which are expressly indicated in the corresponding data capture forms;
we also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. these statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
the website includes plugins that allow to perform some actions in social networks belonging to third parties such as facebook, twitter, pinterest or google+ like sending a publication or show support to the website, for instance. these plugins are displayed with the logo of their associated social network. if those plugins are accepted, the corresponding content will be sent to the adequate social network. the user may find information about how those plugins work and in what way the personal data is used in the privacy policies of these social networks. if the user doesn't wish these social networks to collect these personal data, the plugin shouldn't be accepted and the account should be abandoned before browsing the website.
we may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. we may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
3 information security
the internet is not a secure medium. however, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy.
please be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the internet. we cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
we believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
all of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ information.
we ensure that your information will not be disclosed to government institutions or authorities except if required by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations.
4 electronic commercial communications
in all of the above cases, you may at any time refuse the continuation of commercial communications by sending an e-mail to that effect to email@example.com or taking the specific measures mentioned in the commercial communications addressed to you.
5 communication and transfer of data
- wagamama limited and wagamama international (franchising) limited;
- all companies forming the enterprise group denominated “grupo vips”, which are identified in the legal notice of the web www.grupovips.com
successors in title to our business;
- third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to marketing services and it support services) to us;
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests; and
- auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes, in any jurisdiction where we operate.
when we share your information with wagamama limited and wagamama international (franchising) limited, they will be a data controller of your data and use it for the purposes set out in section 2 above "the information we collect and how we use it". wagamama limited and wagamama international (franchising) limited can be contacted at http://www.wagamama.com/contact-us
additionally, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held will be one of the transferred assets; and
the acceptance granted by users for having their data processed or disclosed in the manner explained in this section is always revocable, though with no retroactive effect.
owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the european economic area. we also operate globally and so it may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other companies within our group of companies located in countries outside of the eea. countries outside of the eea may not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. however, we have taken the steps outlined above to try and protect the security of your information.
6 underage youth
the website services are not intended for children below the age of 14 years. it is expressly forbidden for children below the age of 14 years to use this website or to provide us any personal data. for this reason, we have not established any procedure to obtain parental consent under any circumstances.
by providing us with your personal data over the forms provided or by e-mail to our mailboxes, you represent and warrant that you are above the age of 14 years.
7 your rights in relation to your information
owners of personal data may exercise their right to access, rectify, cancel or challenge the data in wagamama’s possession. in addition, you can email to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information.
owners of personal data may serve notice to wagamama for said purposes, by means of the following methods:
kaizen restaurantes, s.l.u.
pso. de la castellana, 280
28046 madrid (españa)
ref.: protección de datos
please make sure you include your full name and address. we should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
we will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. we may charge a small fee to cover the administration costs involved in providing you with a copy of your information.
8 your consent
in the event the purposes for processing change, then we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent where such notification relates to a new additional purpose for processing.
9 use of your personal information submitted to other websites
we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our website.
we recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
10 further information
for further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.