effective may 2018
personal data controller
the data controller of your data is kaizen restaurantes s.l.u. (hereinafter, “kaizen” or the “data controller”), the registered address of which is camino de la zarzuela, 1, madrid (28023). if you have any questions about data protection, you may write an email to the following address: email@example.com.
what is the purpose and legitimacy behind kaizen processing my personal data?
at kaizen, we are concerned about protecting our users’ privacy as well as protecting their information in a secure manner. pursuant to data protection regulations, we would like to inform our users of how we will process their personal data. these are the purposes for which kaizen will process users’ personal information:
1. to manage requests sent through a contact form. with your consent as obtained from the contact form, kaizen will process the necessary information to manage your request either to manage an incident, a suggestion, complaint or claim. when such request affects businesses not owned by kaizen, we shall share your information with the company that owns the business (including non-grupo vips third parties as per our franchising model).
a list of entities comprising grupo vips is available to users under section 1.1 of the legal notice and accessible via the following link: http://www.grupovips.com/legal.
2. to manage reservations requested by users. reservation forms are available to users in order to eat at our restaurants. kaizen will process the necessary data to manage your reservation request and process it. reservations may be accepted or rejected for various reasons (including when the occupancy for the selected restaurant is complete).
in cases where the reservation is for a restaurant managed by grupo vips entities or our franchisees, we will communicate the user’s information relating to the reservation so the restaurant may process it and ensure the user’s request is handled.
if the user orders delivery service of our products through third-party delivery platforms (just eat, glovo, etc.) (hereinafter, the “platform(s)”), we will receive information for such requests. in these cases, the user is informed that, when ordering our products through these platforms, the data controller is the owner of the corresponding platform and in such case, sigla is simply acting as a service provider for said platforms. sigla will only process this information to handle the request sent by the user to the corresponding platform without any further purpose and without storing any information in such case.
3. participation in promotions, drawings, contests, etc. only with your consent, as granted through a positive action of participating in the promotion, drawing or contest, will kaizen process your personal data to manage the promotion, drawing or contest involved.
4. communication of data on complaints, suggestions or claims to wagamama international. in order to monitor and control the use of the wagamama brand as well as to comply with the indicated entity’s quality standards, kaizen may communicate a user’s data in relation to such complaints, suggestions or claims to wagamama international. this processing is necessary in order to satisfy kaizen’s and wagamama international’s legitimate interests and is justified by the need to control quality standards in the provision of services available to users and, as applicable, customers.
5. collecting information through cookies. you may find the cookies policy at the following link: https://www.wagamama.es/politica-de-cookies
how long will we save your data?
kaizen will comply with the provisions of current regulations on the obligation of deleting personal information that is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or blocking it in order to fulfill any liability deriving from data processing and only for the prescription periods to which such liabilities are subject. once such periods end, the information will be definitively eliminated using secure methods.
to whom do we communicate your data?
if you send a complaint, suggestion or claim to kaizen, it will share your information with wagamama international (franchising) limited as there is a master franchise relationship between the latter and kaizen. the latter assumes the duties of data controller in relation to your data and will use it for the purposes described in point 1 above. you may contact wagamama international (franchising) limited through http://www.wagamama.com/contact-us.
if you have a complaint, suggestion or claim involving any of our grupo vips companies with businesses open to the public, we will communicate your information to those entities. a list of entities comprising grupo vips is available to users under section 1.1 of the legal notice and accessible via the following link: http://www.grupovips.com/legal.
if the request mentioned in the foregoing section involves a business owned by a third-party franchisee associated with grupo vips, we will communicate the information to said franchisee.
in any case, we may communicate this information to the spanish police forces or courts in view of possible cases of fraud by users of our services through the website as well as in relation to consumers at physical locations.
on the other hand, kaizen may collaborate with third-party service providers for the previously described aims and, therefore, they may have access to personal data as a result of the performance of the services contracted. in any case, kaizen follows strict criteria when selecting said third parties in order to fulfill its data protection obligations and signs the corresponding data protection agreement with them in which these third parties undertake to comply with their data protection obligations and, specifically, to comply with the legal, technical and organizational measures established when processing personal data for the purposes agreed and the prohibition of processing such personal data for other purposes or third-party assignment.
how do we obtain your data?
the personal data kaizen processes regarding its users are directly communicated by the user upon formulating the request referred to in the section “what is the purpose and legitimacy behind kaizen processing my personal data?”
how does kaizen obtain user consent?
as necessary and as outlined above, kaizen will obtain consent from users through the specific boxes on online forms and the users’ voluntary positive actions.
how can users withdraw consent?
data subjects may now and at any time later withdraw their consent granted for processing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
what rights do users have with regard to data protection?
users may exercise, if they wish, their rights of access, rectification and deletion of data as well as request limitations on the processing of their personal data, oppose such processing, request the portability of their data and not be subject of individualized automatic decisions by sending written notification to the address indicated or an email to email@example.com.
where can complaints be filed?
any user who believes their data protection rights have been breached or who has a complaint relating to personal information may write to our data protection officer at: kaizen, s.a., camino de la zarzuela, 1, madrid (28023) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
in any case, data subjects may contact the spanish data protection agency, the data protection control authority, at http://www.agpd.es. c/jorge juan número 6, 28001, madrid. tel. 901.100.099/91.266.35.17.